It’s a busy week for MFG Talk Radio and today were at NJIT as they host the opening ceremony for New Jersey’s Manufacturing Week. We could not be more excited to be a part of this important event on Monday September 28th. NJIT is doing a wonderful thing for the industry by helping educate the public on the vast opportunities that are available in manufacturing.
Later in the day MFG Talk Radio will have a show dedicated to the event with insights into why celebrating the manufacturing industry is essential.
Tim & Lew, hosts of Manufacturing Talk Radio will be giving the Key Note speech at 9:30am and are excited to have the chance to share their industry knowledge with those who attend.
Here is the full schedule provided by NJIT-
WHEN: Monday, Sept. 28, 2015
8:30 a.m.- 9:20 a.m.
- Opening Remarks:Gale Tenen Spak, Associate VP, Continuing & Distance Education, NJIT andRay Vaccari, Director, ManufactureNJ Talent Network
- Welcome:Joel S. Bloom, President, NJIT
- Presentation of NJ Manufacturing Week Proclamation:Catherine Starghill, Executive Director, Workforce Operations & Business Services at N.J. Department of Labor & Workforce Development
9:30 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.
- Keynote Address:Lewis Weiss, President & CEO of All Metals & Forge Group; President & CEO of Manufacturing Talk Radio, LLC andTim Grady, VP of All Metals & Forge Group; Executive Producer & Host of Manufacturing Talk Radio
- Developing our Youth for Careers in Manufacturing:JoAnn Mitchell, Senior Project Leader, Sandvik Coromant Corporation
- Introduction to MechaForce Panel Discussion:Fadi P. Deek, Provost & Senior Executive VP, Academic Affairs, NJIT
- Dream It. Do It. Program Updates:Michael Marchetti, Manager, ManufacturingNJ Talent Network
- 2016 NJ Makers Day: James Keehbler, Director, Piscataway Township Public Library; 2012 NJLA Librarian of the Year
- MechaForce Panel Discussion: Ian Trammell, Executive Director, MechaForce (Moderator)
- JoAnn Mitchell, Senior Project Leader, Sandvik Coromant Corporation
- Gib Gratti, Director of Engineering, Stryker Corporation
- Samuel Lieber, Assistant Professor, Engineering Technology Mechatronics, NJIT
- Patricia Fenn, Executive Director, Distance Learning, Ocean County College
- Representatives from participating community colleges, technical high schools and manufacturers
- Summary of NJ Manufacturing Week Events and Closing Remarks:Raymond Vaccari, Director, ManufactureNJ Talent Network
WHERE: NJIT Campus Center Atrium. For directions, visit njit.edu/about/visit/gettingtonjit.php.
With Manufacturing Day right around the corner, we could not think of a better way to start the week. There is a need for the manufacturing community to come together and better education the public on what manufacturing is all about. They need to shine a light on how advanced manufacturing has become and showcase all the technology that manufacturers rely on to run their business. Educators and manufacturers coming together for the betterment of the manufacturing industry will be the key to attracting new talent to the industry. An update will follow with the link to the show.
Special Thanks to –